Qiagen N.V. (QGEN) reported 1st Quarter March 2018 earnings of $0.26 per share on revenue of $343.6 million. The consensus earnings estimate was $0.24 per share on revenue of $340.1 million. Revenue grew 11.7% on a year-over-year basis.
The company said it continues to expect 2018 earnings of $1.31 to $1.33 per share. The current consensus earnings estimate is $1.34 per share for the year ending December 31, 2018.
Qiagen NV provides sample and assay technologies. It also offers kits, assays, related automated systems and bioinformatics solutions, that cover the entire continuum from basic life sciences research to clinical diagnostics.
QIAGEN Reports Results for First Quarter 2018
- Net sales of $343.6 million (+12% actual, +6% CER) vs. 5% CER guidance
- EPS $0.14; adjusted EPS $0.26 ($0.25 CER) vs. ~$0.23-0.24 CER guidance
- Sample to Insight portfolio building momentum:
- QIAstat-Dx, a next-generation platform offering syndromic insights for a broad range of applications, launched in Europe
- QuantiFERON latent TB test growth fueled by geographic expansion and support from new clinical guidelines
- Natera partnership to expand test menu and value of GeneReader NGS System with a version of the market-leading NIPT assay for GeneReader
- Robust growth in QIAsymphony system placements toward 2018 goal for more than 2,300 cumulative placements
- QIAGEN reaffirms 2018 outlook for growth in net sales and adjusted EPS
VENLO, the Netherlands--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- QIAGEN N.V. (NYSE: QGEN; Frankfurt Prime Standard: QIA) announced results of operations for the first quarter, exceeding goals for net sales and adjusted earnings per share while driving global expansion of its Sample to Insight portfolio of molecular testing solutions covering the continuum from basic research to clinical healthcare.
“Our results for the first quarter have launched QIAGEN into an exciting year of growth for 2018. Our portfolio of Sample to Insight solutions shows good momentum across a broad range of molecular testing needs, and new initiatives offer significant potential for adding to future growth,” said Peer M. Schatz, Chief Executive Officer of QIAGEN N.V.
Please find the full press release here
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180502006661/en/
John Gilardi, +49 2103 29 11711 and +1 240 686 2222
Vice President Corporate Communications and Investor Relations
Dr. Sarah Fakih, +49 2103 29 11457
Associate Director Investor Relations
Dr. Thomas Theuringer, +49 2103 29 11826 and +1 240 686 7425
Senior Director Public Relations and Digital Communications
Robert Reitze, +49 2103 29 11676
Manager Public Relations
Download the QIAGEN Investor Relations App:
Source: QIAGEN N.V.