Qiagen Sees Fourth Quarter Below Estimates
Qiagen N.V. (QGEN) reported 3rd Quarter September 2018 earnings of $0.35 per share on revenue of $377.9 million. The consensus earnings estimate was $0.33 per share on revenue of $382.2 million. Revenue grew 3.8% on a year-over-year basis.
The company said it expects fourth quarter earnings of $0.39 to $0.40 per share on revenue of $419.0 million to $423.0 million. The current consensus earnings estimate is $0.43 per share on revenue of $424.5 million for the quarter ending December 31, 2018.
Qiagen NV provides sample and assay technologies. It also offers kits, assays, related automated systems and bioinformatics solutions, that cover the entire continuum from basic life sciences research to clinical diagnostics.
QIAGEN Reports Results for Third Quarter and First Nine Months of 2018
- Q3 2018 results exceed targets as QIAGEN on track to achieve 2018 goals:
- Net sales of $377.9 million +3.8% reported (+6.5% at constant exchange rates, or CER vs. ~6% CER guidance)
- EPS of $0.26; adjusted EPS $0.35 ($0.36 CER vs. ~$0.33-0.34 CER guidance)
- Free cash flow for first nine months of 2018 rises 21% to $176.7 million
- Sample to Insight portfolio building momentum:
- QuantiFERON latent TB test: Maintains solid double-digit CER growth pace, launch of new automation options provide faster workflows for customers
- QIAstat-Dx: Establishing European footprint in growing market for syndromic testing, on track for U.S. launch in 2019 and menu expansion
- NeuMoDx: New strategic partnership to address large segment of the Molecular Diagnostics market for integrated PCR
- NGS: Launch of universal RNA library preparation products and new oncology panels for GeneReader NGS System
- QIAGEN reaffirms 2018 net sales outlook and raises target for adjusted EPS
VENLO, the Netherlands--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- QIAGEN N.V. (NYSE: QGEN; Frankfurt Prime Standard: QIA) announced results of operations for the third quarter and first nine months of 2018, making progress on goals set for 2018 while driving global expansion of its Sample to Insight portfolio of molecular testing solutions covering the continuum from basic research to clinical healthcare.
Please find the full press release here
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181029005755/en/
John Gilardi, +49 2103 29 11711 and +1 240 686 2222
Vice President Corporate Communications and Investor Relations
Dr. Sarah Fakih, +49 2103 29 11457
Director Investor Relations
Dr. Thomas Theuringer, +49 2103 29 11826 and +1 240 686 7425
Senior Director Public Relations and Digital Communications
Source: QIAGEN N.V.