Qiagen N.V. (QGEN) reported 2nd Quarter June 2018 earnings of $0.33 per share on revenue of $377.2 million. The consensus earnings estimate was $0.32 per share on revenue of $377.9 million. Revenue grew 8.1% on a year-over-year basis.
The company said it continues to expect 2018 earnings of $1.31 to $1.33 per share. The current consensus earnings estimate is $1.33 per share for the year ending December 31, 2018.
Qiagen NV provides sample and assay technologies. It also offers kits, assays, related automated systems and bioinformatics solutions, that cover the entire continuum from basic life sciences research to clinical diagnostics.
QIAGEN Reports Results for Second Quarter and First Half of 2018
- Solid Q2 2018 performance:
- Net sales of $377.2 million (+8% actual, +6% at constant exchange rates, or CER) vs. 5-6% CER guidance
- Operating income margin of 14% of sales; adjusted operating income margin rises to 27% of net sales, driven by 2.2 percentage points improvement at CER
- EPS of $0.16; adjusted EPS $0.33 ($0.33 CER) vs. ~$0.31-0.32 CER guidance
- Free cash flow rises 98% to $94.1 million
- Advancing our Sample to Insight portfolio:
- QuantiFERON latent TB test delivers solid double-digit CER growth; new international guidelines affirm the value of screening with modern blood test
- QIAstat-Dx receives very positive customer response in Europe as next-generation syndromic testing platform
- NGS-related sales set to achieve 2018 target for more than $140 million on growth from GeneReader NGS System and platform-agnostic solutions
- QIAGEN reaffirms 2018 outlook for growth in net sales and adjusted EPS
VENLO, the Netherlands--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- QIAGEN N.V. (NYSE:QGEN; Frankfurt Prime Standard:QIA) announced results of operations for the second quarter and first half of 2018, delivering on the target for net sales growth and exceeding on adjusted earnings per share while driving the expansion of its Sample to Insight portfolio of molecular testing solutions.
“Our results for the second quarter of 2018 demonstrated a solid performance and further progress toward our goals for an exciting year of growth,” said Peer M. Schatz, Chief Executive Officer of QIAGEN N.V. “We are on track to achieve our targets for higher sales and adjusted earnings while building momentum across our Sample to Insight portfolio and creating value for our customers and stakeholders.”
Please find the full press release here
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180731005893/en/
Vice President Corporate Communications and Investor Relations
+49 2103 29 11711 and +1 240 686 2222
Dr. Sarah Fakih
Director Investor Relations
+49 2103 29 11457
Dr. Thomas Theuringer
Senior Director Public Relations and Digital Communications
+49 2103 29 11826 and +1 240 686 7425
Source: QIAGEN N.V.