Goldman Sachs Group Beats
Goldman Sachs Group (GS) reported 2nd Quarter June 2017 earnings of $3.95 per share on revenue of $7.9 billion. The consensus earnings estimate was $3.36 per share on revenue of $8.0 billion. The Earnings Whisper number was $3.58 per share. Revenue fell 0.6% compared to the same quarter a year ago.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc is a investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Its segments include Investment Banking, Trading and Principal Investments, Asset Management and Securities Services.
GOLDMAN SACHS REPORTS 2017 SECOND QUARTER EARNINGS PER COMMON SHARE OF $3.95
NEW YORK, July 18, 2017 - The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE: GS) today reported net
revenues of $7.89 billion and net earnings of $1.83 billion for the second quarter ended
June 30, 2017. Diluted earnings per common share were $3.95 compared with $3.72 for the second
quarter of 2016 and $5.15 for the first quarter of 2017. Annualized return on average common
shareholders’ equity (ROE) (1) was 8.7% for the second quarter of 2017 and 10.1% (2) for the first half
- Goldman Sachs reported first half net revenues of $15.91 billion, 12% higher than the first half of
2016, which contributed to a 340 basis point improvement in pre-tax margin to 31.7%.
- The firm ranked first in worldwide announced and completed mergers and acquisitions for the
year-to-date. The firm also ranked first in worldwide common stock offerings for the
- Debt underwriting produced its third highest quarterly performance with net revenues of
- Equities generated its highest quarterly results in two years with net revenues of $1.89 billion, an
increase of 13% compared with the first quarter of 2017.
- Investment Management generated record quarterly management and other fees of $1.28 billion,
as assets under supervision (4) increased to a record $1.41 trillion
- The firm returned nearly $7 billion of capital to common shareholders during the past year. Book
value per common share increased by 6.1% from a year ago, including 1.3% during the quarter, to
- The firm maintained strong capital ratios and liquidity. The firm’s Common Equity Tier 1 ratio (6) as
calculated in accordance with the Standardized approach and the Basel III Advanced approach
was 13.9% (7) and 12.5% (7), respectively, and the firm’s global core liquid assets (4) were
$221 billion (7) as of June 30, 2017.
For the full press release, please go here