Twitter (TWTR) reported 2nd Quarter June 2016 earnings of $0.14 per share on revenue of $602.0 million. The consensus earnings estimate was $0.10 per share on revenue of $606.8 million. The Earnings Whisper number was $0.15 per share. Revenue grew 19.8% on a year-over-year basis.
The company said it expects third quarter revenue of $590.0 million to $610.0 million. The current consensus revenue estimate is $679.0 million for the quarter ending September 30, 2016.
Twitter Inc is a platform for public self-expression and conversation in real time. It provides a way for people to stay informed about their interests, discover what is happening in their world and interact directly.
Twitter Q2 2016 Results
Total revenue in the second quarter reached $602 million, up 20% year-overyear.
We saw continued increases in engagement, and sequential growth
in both monthly active and daily active usage. This growth was driven by
marketing initiatives, organic growth and product improvements, including
better relevance in both the enhanced timeline and push notifications. We
are seeing the direct benefit of recent product changes, and with disciplined
execution, we believe we can drive improved engagement and audience
growth over time.
For the full release, please go here
- Q2 revenue totaled $602 million, an increase of 20% year-over-year.
- Advertising revenue totaled $535 million, an increase of 18% yearover-year.
Mobile advertising revenue was 89% of total advertising
- Data licensing and other revenue totaled $67 million, an increase of
- U.S. revenue totaled $361 million, an increase of 12% year-overyear.
- International revenue totaled $241 million, an increase of 33% yearover-year.
- Total ad engagements were up 226% year-over-year.
- Cost per engagement (CPE) was down 64% year-over-year.
- Q2 GAAP net loss of $107 million and non-GAAP net income of $93
- Q2 GAAP diluted EPS of ($0.15) and non-GAAP diluted EPS of $0.13.
- Q2 adjusted EBITDA of $175 million, up 45% year-over-year,
representing an adjusted EBITDA margin of 29%.
- Average monthly active users (MAUs) were 313 million for Q2, up 3%
year-over-year and compared to 310 million in the previous quarter.
- Average U.S. MAUs were 66 million for Q2, up 1% year-over-year
and compared to 65 million in the previous quarter.
- Average international MAUs were 247 million for Q2, up 4% yearover-year
and compared to 245 million in the previous quarter.
- Mobile MAUs represented 82% of total MAUs.